2006/10/14

There is no there there.

I've been reading a lot of Gertrude Stein recently so that title comes from her. I've also been neglecting this blog some. Updates: I finally got some cameras (1 down, more to go), I visited Namsung Tower, found the beautiful side of Itaewan, walked the beautiful grounds of the National Museum, and god knows what else. Tomorrow, my brother and I, plus maybe this kiwi John, are going to hike a mountain range that we spotted from Namsung Tower. It's a good size range with two huge, jutting outcrops of rock that should be fantastic to get into. We'll see how this fool fest goes. Now for a slice of teaching from South Korea:

The following are letters from a class my brother was teaching today where he had his students make postcards.

(1)
To. dog
Hello! I'm in jeju.
I'm having a happy time!
Yesterday, I went skiing.
Next week, I'm going to eat jeju pig meat.
I'm going to take a camera and a coat.
I hope its delicious.

From. kristina

(2)
TO. cat
Hello! I'm in an English classroom.
I'm having a good time!
Yesterday, I listened to music with you.
Next week, I'm going to my grandparents house.
I hope you like me.
(picture of a cat face that resembles eggs and bacon, plus a waving hand)
From Helen

(3)
To Han Bee

Hello. I'm at home.
I'm having a terrible time!
Yesterday, I stayed home all day.
Next week, I'm going to go outside finally.
I'm going to take gloves.
I hope it's snowy.
from. Kevin (Han Sol)

(4)
To. people.

Hello! I'm at home.
I'm having an interesting time.
yesterday, I was at home, playing computer
games and sleeping.
Next week, I'm going to stay home too.
I'm very happy!!
I'm going to take a computer, noodles, and a TV.
I hope you're watching TV and playing computer games
You're free!!
Bye Bye
From. pretty kelly

1 Comments:

At Monday, October 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Running around some mountains sounds like fun. I got in my car over the weekend, and drove, looking for some to run around in.

I failed. Iowa is flat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home